Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Class-C multi-protocol password bruteforce application.

From: "Erlend J. Leiknes" <nookie () online no>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 23:35:03 +0100

Hello.
Im writing an bruteforce application that support pop3, ftp, telnet... and
much else in the future. (Please give me requests + link to RFC for your
wanted protocol)

Whats interesting is that usernames can be easily bruteforced from fingerd
and identd, which would speed up a cracking process.

If you are interested in this project, please mail me and I will keep you
updated. If you want some particular functions, please tell me.

The end-result will be an automagically class-C bruteforce application that
should be able to eliminate all weak passwords within a whole network.

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/