Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Need Novell vuln. scanner ASAP!

From: "Mark Maher" <mmaher () ochsner org>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:29:30 -0600

You are right - the commercial stuff is very expensive (Bindview, etc.). We have Kane, and I can't recommend it. In
fact, the latest version doesn't even work. I would recommend you take a look at Pentasafe. I'm using it now - our NDS
tree is about 21,000 objects. They are very good at giving you a full-blown 30-day trial version, and also very helpful
with technical assistance. It runs very fast.

Mark Maher
Ochsner Medical Foundation

<petestorm () yahoo com> 11/03/01 09:01PM >>>
Mailer: SecurityFocus

Kane is too expensive, Pandora won't do enough and
Nessus can't cut it.  Any ideas about a Novell network
vulnerability assessment tool.  Need one fast!

phs, CISSP

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/