Penetration Testing mailing list archives

One Big Review, One Small Script?

From: Scott Seglie <svs62312000 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:55:17 -0800 (PST)

Currently, if I perform a network vulnerability
assessment, I run multiple tools (nmap, iss, nessus,
ping sweeps...etc.)  While running tools, I simply
gather basic information.  As many of you know, it is
very time consuming.  Actual time typing in an IP
address and a few commands is minimal, but waiting for
the scans can take hours.

I'm sure there is a more efficient way to do this.  I
realize that there is research involved and hands on
(work must be done...but for the initial information
gathering, is anyone going about it a different way?
Maybe a series of scripts?

If anyone has additional information or links I may
research, please let me know.

Your help is greatly appreciated.