Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Wanted: Script to email cookies

From: Joe Brown <joe_brown () senet-int com>
Date: 30 Nov 2001 09:06:49 -0000

I'm working on a pen test for a web application.  After
the first time you successfully authenticate, the app
stores a cookie with username and password in clear
text.  I've recently read the archive regarding
vulnerable IE browsers revealing cookies.  I'd like to
go a step farther.  Does anyone have a script that will
email the cookie?  I'd like to craft an email with a link
and when a user clicks, it emails the cookie.  I want
to show the client how dangerous it is to store a clear
text cookie.  Also, any other method of cookie stealing
would be really appreciated.  Thanks.

Joe

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/