Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: SQL

From: "Andrea secondote?" <btnew () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 11:56:39 +0100

From: "Kevin Spett" <kspett () spidynamics com>
To:<PEN-TEST () securityfocus com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:56:06 -0800

There's code like this in the web app:

SQL_Query_String = "SELECT somefield FROM Users WHERE Username = '" &
strUserName & "' AND Password = '" & strPassword & "'"
strValue = SQL_Query(SQL_Query_String) ..
[snip]

Hi I'm a newbie in pen-testing. I read this article and I've found a link too. I've tryed this metod on my website which had a url like this: http://www.thesite.com/login.asp. I've check out the error so I've found how was wrote the field username & password so I've put ' or user like '% etc... and the site answer me with..: Wellcome operator. Ok. But what I don't understand is like taking advantage of this attack for having password or account o sensible information.. Can you give me some other informatin about it? Thanks

  .::SNHYPER::.
Security Team Milano

Scarica GRATUITAMENTE MSN Explorer all'indirizzo http://explorer.msn.it/intl.asp

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/