Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: pentesting IBM DB2

From: Jose Nazario <jose () biocserver BIOC cwru edu>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 23:08:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Mika Laaksonen wrote:

Do you have any other good advice?

ibm has a linux (x86) version of DB2 available. go to www.ibm.com/linux
and poke around. i had mine shipped to me eons ago .. works like a champ.

other than that, read the copious documentation, redbooks and such, from
IBM.

then start playting. is there a web interface? what ports, authentgication
methods, etc .. go wild.

research, learn, hack. simple as that. ok, maybe not so simple.

don't ask me, though, for specific info. i'm not a database guy, i just
have the cd.

jose nazario                                                 jose () cwru edu
                     PGP: 89 B0 81 DA 5B FD 7E 00  99 C3 B2 CD 48 A0 07 80
                                       PGP key ID 0xFD37F4E5 (pgp.mit.edu)