Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Testing SAP security on UNIX at OS level

From: "Kreusch, Stephen (ZA - Johannesburg)" <skreusch () DELOITTE CO ZA>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:47:47 +0200

Does anyone have any pointers to information on testing SAP security
at a UNIX level?  There are the obvious things such as owner/group/other,
file permissions, SUID, etc.  What I am more interested in is pointers
on any specific files to check for, what their contents should be, etc.
To draw an Oracle parallel, I am not interesting in looking at the
database level security, roles, and stored procedures.  Instead, I am
looking at things like weak listener passwords, the contents of the
pwd<SID> password file, ORA_ENCRYPT_LOGIN environment variable, etc.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks
Stephen