Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Vacation Troller, Ignore.

From: Alfred Huger <ah () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 13:47:15 -0700

This is a message sent out to discover poorly configured vacation programs. Please do not respond to this message.
If you wish to respond asking me to unsub you from a list, please read the below instructions first. The example
below is for the INCIDENTS list, however in order to make this work for other lists you simply need to change the
listname of INCIDENTS to the listname you desire.

If you have followed these instructions and still cannot modify your subscription please mail:

listadmin () securityfocus com

0.2.2 How do I unsubscribe?
Send an e-mail message to LISTSERV () SECURITYFOCUS COM from the subscribed address with a message body of:

UNSUBSCRIBE INCIDENTS

If your email address has changed email listadmin () securityfocus com and I
will manually remove you.

0.2.3 How do I disable mail delivery temporarily?

If you will are simply going in vacation you can turn off mail delivery
without unsubscribing by sending LISTSERV the command:

SET INCIDENTS NOMAIL

To turn back on e-mail delivery use the command:

SET INCIDENTS MAIL

0.2.4 Is the list available in a digest format?

Yes. The digest generated once a day.

0.2.5 How do I subscribe to the digest?

To subscribe to the digest join the list normally (see section 0.2.1) and
then send a message to LISTSERV () SECURITYFOCUS COM with with a message body
of:

SET INCIDENTS DIGEST

0.2.6 How do I unsubscribe from the digest?

To turn the digest off send a message to LISTSERV with a message body of:

SET INCIDENTS NODIGEST

If you want to unsubscribe from the list completely follow the instructions of section 0.2.2 next.

0.2.7 I seem to not be able to unsubscribe. What is going on?

You are probably subscribed from a different address than that from which
you are sending commands to LISTSERV from. Either send email from the
appropiate address or email the moderator to be unsubscribed manually.

0.2.8 Can you add a tag like "[INCIDENTS]" to the subject line of each message?

You can set your LISTSERV options to do this for your subscription. To do
so email LISTSERV () SECURITYFOCUS COM with a message body of:

SET INCIDENTS SUBJ

"Vae Victis"
SecurityFocus.com