Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Penetration Techniques/Tool Used in the Testing

From: "William D. Colburn (aka Schlake)" <wcolburn () nmt edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 16:40:45 -0600

Should I be worried that you work for the FAA?  ;)

Check out http://www.nipc.gov/, specifically the CyberNotes at
http://www.nipc.gov/cybernotes/cybernotes.htm.  They are published every
two weeks, and might have a lot of what you are looking for.  You might
also check with CERT at http://www.cert.org/, since they publish regular
bullitens on the most frequent exploits being used, and SANS at
http://www.sans.org/, since they publish daily summaries of "news" about
hacking.

PS: SANS is kind of like the Weekly World News of the computer industry
so be careful of it.