Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: How secure are dongles for copy-protection?

From: "Jonah Kowall" <jkowall () psteering com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 22:01:43 -0400

Although they are quite secure, many hackers can easily make dongle
emulators for various packages (or crack out the dongle checks
themselves).  Some skill is required, but many crackers acqure the
development kit, which allows the debugging and reverse engineer of any
commercially availible dongle package.