Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: What is your policy on customers particapating in a pen test?

From: "Meritt James" <meritt_james () bah com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:51:04 -0400

Not a friendly way to come across.  There is also a possibility of
being contracted to do the test on outsourced services to ensure the
security of the service, and that is no way  what you said.

Now, the folks providing the service didn't think highly of it, but

oh well.......

V/R

Jim

Gary Warner wrote:

[snip]

  Face it.  Our profession pits our skills as
violators against their skills as defenders.  That's why it is so critical to help
them understand that this is A PART of a much larger project.

[snip]

--
James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
Booz, Allen & Hamilton