Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Dell OMI (Open Manage Instrumentation)

From: nemo55 () hushmail com
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 13:54:44 -0800 (PDT)

First there was the Compaq 2301 hack...

I wonder if anyone has found any security holes in the DELL Open Manage
Client.  We are a large DELL shop with many 95/98/NT/W2K machines that
have the DELL OMI client installed.  There are several  UDP/TCP  ports open
at all times:

The ports and associated pgms are:
1037  tcp  win32sl.exe
1039  tcp win32sl.exe

1026  udp  dnar.exe
1038  udp  win32sl.exe

Visiting the DELL web site shows a remote cmd program by the name of  actionagent.exe

(http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/software/omci60/en/ug/comp.htm)

Since I did not find that pgm opening any ports on our NT servers, I
think (guess or hope ?) that no remote attack is possible.

But since the example of the COMPAQ 2301 hack - I wonder if  there is
still a hack waiting to be found in the DELL OMI client.

anyone ?

thanks

Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com