Penetration Testing mailing list archives

enumerate NT/Win2k users from a linux machine

From: Chris Barber <Cyber-Cop1 () excite com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:07:15 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all;

I have a client that uses primarily Linux workstations for the end users.
They use NT and Win2K servers for the storage of many networked applications
and data.  One of the concerns they have is if users on the network would be
able enumerate the login IDs on the NT/Win2k servers from the Linux
workstations.  I have not seen anything on the net lately that would do this
but I thought I would ask those who do this kind of thing all of the time.
I am not Pen-tester by trade but I do dabble from time to time (when I have
some, time that is).

Can anyone lend a hand?

Thnaks

Chris

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/