Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Psydo-encyrption?

From: "Ng, Kenneth (US)" <kenng () KPMG COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:51:30 -0500

Reminds me of a place that I was once at that had the alarm disable code
written in Chinese underneath of the alarm console.  Classic security by
obscurity.

But I've got one better.  I know of a place that used to put the passwords
in a *MS WORD* document with a read password on a *NETWORK* *DRIVE*.  When I
showed them three ways to get the passwords they started to get worried.