Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Pen-testing recon tools for NT

From: "Nelson Brito(a.k.a. stderr)" <stderr () SEKURE ORG>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:09:59 -0200

Attonbitus Deus wrote:

User2Sid and Sid2User are nice.  They work even with RestrictAnonymous set
to 1.  I wrote a little C++ functiod that calls the NetUserGetInfo function
at level 3 to enumerate info for known users- but it also works great as a
quick way to see if "Administrator" is a valid account and the 'real'
Administrator, as well as a quick test for "Admin" and "Test" and stuff like
that.  It also works with RA set to 1.  Ben is going to post it to the
Bugtraq archives at some point, but I can get with Al if there is interest
before then to see if they will post it now.  It may come in handy.

I like to point some tools that I've used to enumerate and gathering
information in Penetration Tests that I have done:
1 - qtip.exe - enumerate users(plus WKS) and shares;
2 - enum.exe - enumerate a lot of things;
3 - DumpACL - it's classic, isn't it?
4 - nltest - to find the PDC em BDC in NT Domain;
5 - lservers - to find PDC, BDC, SQL, BROWSER, etc... Very usefull...
6 - epdump - RPC dump;
7 - net - the native command in NT enviroment("net view /domain", "net
user /domain", etc);
8 - NT's Resource Kit - sc, local, dumpel, reg, snmputil, etc...

I hope that showed another tools to use in Penetration Test.

Sem mais,
--
Nelson Brito
"Windows NT can also be protected from nmap OS detection scans thanks