Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Sun E10K cross-domain testing

From: Pete Young <pete () ALIEN BT CO UK>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:17:39 +0000

Dear gurus,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Sun Enterprise 10,000
servers. Specifically, I have an E10K partitioned into a number of
domains (or virtual machines, if you prefer). I want to ensure
that no information can flow from one domain to another across the
centerplane, and that one virtual machine cannot be used to attack
another in this way.

I realise that there are plenty of techniques to pen-test the
external interfaces, I'm particularly interested in anything which
makes use of the internal architecture.

Any references to manuals, security documentation and so on would
be most welcome.

Kind regards,

Pete

--
  Pete Young          pete () alien bt co uk        Phone +44 1473 608263
      "Just another crouton, floating on the bouillabaisse of life"