Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] List nedded but not well known

From: Estefania * <estefamvd () NETSCAPE NET>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 12:43:49 -0500

Hi all,
I have received lots of answers... appreciate that.
What I'm really looking for is a way of finding which type of network device I'm talking to by identifying the list of
open ports on that device.
I found on the book "Hacking exposed" a list of devices and port that they have usually open (Table 9-1, page 292) and
I'm wondering if a more complete list exist.
I know that by using nmap you can identify them almost always, I just wanna know if such a list exist somewhere.