Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Arp Spoofing under WinNT 4.0

From: Frank Knobbe <FKnobbe () KNOBBEITS COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:37:45 -0600

I developed a little command line tool called snarp that allows you
to sniff traffic between two machines on a switched network. It does
so by poisoning the arp caches on two targets and relaying traffic
between them. It runs great under NT 4 (requires the WinPCap driver
and LibNetNT.dll).

It currently does not run under Win2K. I'm still trying to figure out
(if I ever get some spare time) why even a simple malloc or free
crashes the process...

Email me offline if you like a copy of it. I have not released it yet
since I wanted to get some feedback back from testers and get the W2K
issues worked out.

Regards,
Frank