Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Oracle TNS Listener

From: "James W. Abendschan" <jwa () jammed com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:08:23 -0800 (PST)

On 17 Dec 2001, Joe Brown wrote:

Hello all,

I'm currently performing a pen-test and have found a
remote machine with TCP port 1521 open.  I have
read information about an Oracle TNS listener
vulnerability but, can't find any more information.  Can
anyone point me in the right direction?

A simple tool I wrote to talk to tnslsnr & documentation
which describes some security problems is available at

    http://www.jammed.com/~jwa/hacks/security/tnscmd

There are also some Oracle security/pentesting papers at

    http://www.pentest-limited.com/

James

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/