Penetration Testing mailing list archives

WarFTPd 1.70.b01.04

From: Jeremy <prrthd () myrealbox com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:38:50 +0000

Hello all,
  We have several kiosks in our network that are maintained by a third party vender and which I have no control over.
In a recent security audit I discovered that these kiosks are running WarFTPd 1.70.b01.04. The vender uses this to
update the kiosks. I noticed that eeye.com found a BOF in this exact version and I am looking for an exploit to prove
to management that our vender needs to upgrade the software. Also, are there any other vulnerabilities that I should be
aware of for this version of WarFTP.

Thanks,
  Jeremy

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/