Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pen-Testing help (Compaq Insight & htsearch)

From: "Philipp Stucke" <philipp.stucke () t-online de>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:24:44 +0100

Questions:

1) I know Insight Manager has buffer overflows and can be used as a proxy.
Do exploits for the buffer overflows exist? Also, I am not sure if I am
configuring the proxy client correctly. Anyone have luck with this?

There is an exploit, but it is not for Digital-Unix. See exploit and what
Compaq answered here:
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/243142
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/244339

Regards, Philipp

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/