Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Command line network sniffing tools on NT/W2K

From: andreas junestam <andreas.junestam () defcom com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:46:49 +0100

Hi,

winpcap (atleast the later versions) will install automatically if you
just place all the needed drivers in the same directory as the program
using it and then start it up.

/andreas

"Zwan-van-der.Erwin" wrote:

Hi,

During pen-tests I am regularly coming across situations were a remote
command line is available on an exploited dual homed NT or W2K box. To go a
step further I want to exploit the network behind this box as well. However
I am missing some good tools in my toolbox. In particular I am looking for
command line:
- network sniffing tools (both general ones like windump and password
sniffing ones)
- ARP spoofing tool from a NT or W2K box to another node
- methods to find multi homed systems fast in a large LAN/WAN environment

The Foundstone tools like Fpipe and Fscan are great since they do not
require any additional installed drivers and produce reliable results so
far. Buttsniff+ crashes and like other tools as Dsniff needs additional
drivers to be installed (like winpcap). Is Fsniff already out?

Appreciate any help and ideas.

Erwin.

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/