Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: NT snmp

From: adam () jaftan com au
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 08:45:29 +1000

:Target is an NT4 box with snmp setup with "Read/Create"
permissions on one
:of the communities. I need to demonstrate that this is a bad
idea, so im
:looking for a tool that will spoof the source address (to
127.0.0.1) and
:send an snmp set. Any suggestions?

snmpwalk the following for usefull information for further
compromising the machine.

Cant be done easily as they have "Accept SNMP traps from these hosts" set.
That's why im looking for a SNMP set DoS, which will work with a spoofed
address rather than reads which are useless without a reply. I'm not local
so i cant sniff.

I haven't examined the NT write mib, but I'm sure there
is a wonderland of exquisite horrors awaiting us in there.

Setting .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7.x (where is the interface number) to 2 turns
off the interface ;-)  All i need is tool to spoof the source address. Could
i write such a tool with Perl? (even if i suck at Perl?)

Adam

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/