Penetration Testing mailing list archives

"Security" appliance testing

From: Stan Hanks <stan () tta com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:01:19 -0700

All this talk of 802.11 got me to thinking -- I'm seeing a ton of new
appliance type devices that are combo mini-firewall/print server/802.11 AP
coming from the usual players like Netgear, Farallon, SMC, etc.

Anyone have any experience whacking on them? It strikes me as sort of
oxymoronic to have an "open" 802.11 AP on the secure side of a firewall
appliance, but I'm willing to bet that there are a ton of oversights in
the code architecture these things use...

Stan

This list is provided by the SecurityFocus Security Intelligence Alert (SIA)
Service. For more information on SecurityFocus' SIA service which
automatically alerts you to the latest security vulnerabilities please see:
https://alerts.securityfocus.com/