Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Informix

From: "Hyde, Mark (GEO)" <Mark.Hyde () COMPAQ COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:59:27 +0200

Hello,

I have been mandated to audit a critical Informix database application on
Unix.

I would be very grateful for pointers to known security vulnerabilities or
backdoors (weak default installation settings, built-in passwords etc) that
are specific to Informix. Also if there are any tools out there - freeware
or commerical that can help to break the informix security.

I have used DB scanner from ISS - but this does not perform audits of
Informix if a
similar tool exist I would like to know about it.

Any help, tips or tricks would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Hyde
Compaq Professional Services
IT security consultant CISSP, CISA, MCSE.