Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] RDS exploit simulation

From: "Davidson,Sam" <SDAVIDSON () CERNER COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:17:36 -0500

This is because you are using patched versions being distributed on newer
versions of the Option Pack and MCIS CD's.
You need to dig up the oldest copy of the Option Pack you can find.
You can also try to finding  a copy of the IIS 4.0 Server Training Kit from
MS-Press.
The Option Pack CD which is distributed with the kit might still be
vulnerable.
If despite all of this, you can't find one, send me a note under a separate
cover and I'll see what I can do about getting you a distribution.
Microsofts license agreement allows you to give it away (they give it
away)to anyone.

------------------------------
Sam Davidson
Cerner Corporation
2800 Rockcreek Pkwy
Kansas City, MO  64117
816 201 1944
816 365 6904 Direct

sdavidson () cerner com
www.cerner.com

"The only thing that has been missing until now is the incentive to
hack. Now, theres plenty of incentive, its easier than ever, theres not
enough talent out there to combat it, and companies are more
interested in being on the Internet than being secure on the Internet."
Avi Rubin AT&T Labs