Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Mysql version utility

From: Jonathan Leto <jonathan () leto net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 18:55:17 -0500

After ten "telnet 3306" you will be denied acces until they
do a flush hosts because it is an invalid connect . Doesn't
really matter, but for testing it is a pain in the ass.
Also, you wouldn't know the protocol version.

 Jacob Martinson (jmartinson () aperian com) was saying:

why not just telnet to port 3306?

-jacob