Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Whisker over Stunnel

From: "A.L." <al () 9B COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:03:34 -0500

Hi, Whisker does not have built in SSL support, so I thought that
maybe I could use STunnel to establish the ssl connection and pipe
whisker over it to check for default content.  So far I have been
unsuccessful.  I have read the documentation for stunnel but I can't
seem to figure out how to get it to work.  The closest I have come is
the following command: stunnel -c -n ssl -r <target IP> 443|whisker -h
<target IP> -p 443

This is the only command I tried that didn't give me errors, however,
it didn't give me results either.  I would appreciate it if anyone had
any suggestions

        Start stunnel in client mode on the loopback interface, and then
hit the loopback with whisker. Like so:

stunnel -d localhost:80 -c -r targethost:443
whisker -h 127.0.0.1 -p 80

        Happy trails. :)

-- A.L.