Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] How to test 1 byte password for win9X share

From: ghandi <ghandi () MINDLESS COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:30:39 -0600

Fooling around the other night, I added scanning for 1-byte
vulnerabilities to NAT (Netbios Auditing Tool).  If it can't get into a
share without a password, it tries brute-forcing the 1-byte bug.  I've
only tried this on a Win98 share w/ share-level security, YMMV.  Patch is
attached.

--
          ghandi / ghandi () dopesquad net / www.dopesquad.net
       "Bein' Crazy is the least of my worries." - Jack Kerouac