Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] port 12345

From: Erik Tayler <erik () digitaloffense net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 16:56:18 -0500

Hi Justin,

I have never seen any Novell machines with NetBus, and to the best of my
knowledge it has not been ported [however I don't keep up to date with the
porting of NetBus]. I have experienced this before, and in many instances it
just ended up to be a non-listening port that was filtered for no particular
reason. Even stranger, the port will show up every other scan. But don't
rule out NetBus. Instead of just scanning for infected machines, why not
just attempt to connect with the NetBus client?

Erik Tayler
http://www.14x.net
http://www.digitaloffense.net