Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Hypothetical Wargaming

From: "van der Kooij, Hugo" <Hugo.van.der.Kooij () CAIW NL>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:23:56 +0200

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:

H Carvey wrote:

Assume you're given a pen test.  All you have is a
domain name.  A couple of quick checks tell you
that the systems in question are Win32 machines.

Your goal is to "tag" a file.  No DoS allowed.

I always assume that a DoS is cheating. Besides, any machine/network can
be dossed -- proves nothing about the security of the site.

Depends on the ease with which you can do the DoS. I managed to create a
DoS by accident. My link was 64kB while the customer had a 2Mb/s line but
his router was underpowered and buckled the first time I hit it with
Nessus.

Hugo.

--
hvdkooij () caiw nl     http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/