Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Testing MS Exchange

From: Robert Schwartz <Robert () mrsquirrel com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:31:20 -0700

This is a very misunderstood subject and I see many misconfigured servers a
lot.  This is due to poor documentation IMHO.  However, there is an
excellent doc available on the TechNet CD (not sure about the Internet
site).  There is no qbase number.  You need to query for: "Is Your Exchange
Server Relay Secure".  As it turns out, you need to implement some
counterintuitive configuration options.  I found it very useful.  Hope this
helps.