Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] ios/cisco packet sniffer...

From: Bennett Todd <bet () RAHUL NET>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:53:16 -0500

2000-10-31-20:55:26 Bennett Todd:
<URL:http://tankgirl.kurtis.pp.se/uClinux-cisco2500/index.html>.

Good-news bad-news kinda thing here. Etaoin Shrdlu
<shrdlu () deaddrop org> pointed out to me that my bookmark had gone
stale, was a dead link, but then pointed me at
<URL:http://www.uclinux.org/ports/>, which seems to have a copy of
the same dead link I'd bookmarked, plus another dead link to the
alleged patch file for the port. I can't say that I had a Cisco
2500, 3000, or 4000 lying around on which I wanted to replace IOS by
uClinux, but nonetheless some perverted part of me hopes that this
is real and not a bizzarre hoax. The world needs things like this
to keep us from getting too serious.

I'd really kinda like to have a 2500 as a workstation, sitting
behind a PC running Zebra on Linux as a router, just because.

-Bennett