Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Backorifice server and NT SP6a -

From: "justme.bob" <sfmc68 () BELLATLANTIC NET>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 17:25:19 -0500

Has anyone run into a situation where BO server does not seem to
funciton on a straight NT4/sp6a system?  I am tryng to figure out if
this is a fluke system or a configuration set up or whatever.  BO just
does not seem to function.  The only thing different is the addition
of SP6a. I do not recall seeing any docs that say SP6a would help to
mitigate BO.  The other thought is perhaps something else on the
system could be killing the server.  This is just a simple
little server with nothing much on it, no protections or anything,
thanks
bob