Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST]

From: Galileo <galileo () mailandnews com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:23:23 +0100

Hi everybody. I noticed lately a big spread of "windows share worms" at
least in my country so I got an idea:
I wanted to se how vulnerable local internet users are to
this. I had in mind to make a statistic about how many percent of
machines have open guest shares.
Now I can find how many machines have open shares with nbtscan and
with a little help of grep I can exclude win NT /2000 machines but how
to find out if they are guest shares with write permissions ? It would
be to slow to try and check all manually.
Any ideas ?

--
Best regards,
 Galileo                          mailto:galileo () mailandnews com