Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Deeper Penetration

From: Oliver Petruzel <oliverpetruzel () EMAIL COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 17:26:04 -0500

------Original Message------
From: "Chris St. Clair" <chris_stclair () HOTMAIL COM>
To: PEN-TEST () SECURITYFOCUS COM
Sent: November 15, 2000 8:15:34 PM GMT
Subject: Re: Deeper Penetration

VNC. Problem is, the system is firewalled and I can't get the server
download any tools. Suggestions anyone.

Does the firewall do any packet inspection at all? Is the web server
being
fed by a reverse-proxy? Is the web server using both 80 and 443?

If you answered no to all of the above, park a netcat listener on
443 and grab a shell first. Does the firewall allow the web server
to make any outbound connections at all? If not, craft some html on
the web server to allow file uploading.

I was in a situation similar to this, but ended up not having to
craft the html because I could get the web server to (t)ftp outbound
and suck files up.

Good luck.