Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Disaster Recovery

From: Deborah Ray <dray () NBC-BANK COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:43:30 -0600

Tony,
Below is some information I kept on Continuity Planner.com, which has a discussion group.  Hope this helps.
Deborah Ray

ContinuityPlanner.com Registration

Please go to http://www.ContinuityPlanner.com/Private/Members/ and log in.

Start off by adding your Member Page/Resume and Business Card. Then signup to receive the weekly ContinuityPlanner
E-ZINE and join our on-line BCP Discussion Group.

Check out Employment Opportunities, look at training opportunities and upcoming conferences - be sure to check out
Member Discounts before you sign up for anything. We don't pretend to know everything that's going on. If you plan to
attend an event - let us know and we'll try to get a discount for you!

Please visit all the resources shown on the left hand margin of the members page - each opens up to other portals of
information - and if you don't find what you are looking for, please email us.

We also invite you to contribute to the resources we have to offer - the purpose of this Internet is to encourage
member-to-member information exchange. If you have an article, a template, a book review or other material which might
benefit a colleague, then please email it to us.

Thank you for your interest in business continuity planning. Business Continuity Planners are strongly encouraged to
join their local BCP association for the many face-to-face benefits this offers.

David A.Johnson, FBCI, CBCP
President, DRIE SWO
www.ContinuityPlanner.com

"Tony Tony" <tony572000 () hotmail com> 11/13/00 10:01:36 PM >>>
Members

Does anyone know of a list serve that specializes in discussions related to
Disaster Recovery of mainframe/client-server systems. Seems like when we
think of IT security, disaster recovery is just not the current hot topic.
However, with the rapid deployment of national computer applications that
integrate with multiple data centers,  extranets, ISP's, VPN's, etc..how do
you plan for disaster recovery??  To me, this is just as big of a computer
security risk, as someone breaking into your computer systems. Has it become
to complex?  Are we just playing down the issue?  In the old days with
mainframe computers it was pretty straight forward..however today..different
story.

In my current job, I am a firewall administrator and also head up a team for
the deployment of intrusion detection and penetration security tools.  I am
still baffled that no one in IT seems to care much about disaster recovery.
Maybe, I am just not hanging out with the right types of IT folks.  However,
I have worked for a number of companies and disaster recovery, just does not
seem to be an important issue when you think about computer security.