Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Oracle USER$ password hashes

From: Michael Owen <mowen () COSTCO COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 16:44:36 -0800

- is there really a salt (just install two users with the same PW)

Yes. I created 10 users with the same PW, and all had different hashes.

- some more plain-text/ciphertext pairs. maybe some special
  sequences (e.g. aaaaaaaa, a) would also help.

8.0.6.0.0 on NT

test/a
79473350AEFA57BA
test/aa
54B38F33DBB95A76
test/aaa
C3CD0C66DB7BB26B
test/aaaa
0D1CAAFFA9E4A70B
test/aaaaa
647057B4ADF59BDD
test/aaaaaa
F5D8DD3BD46C6E23
test/aaaaaaa
FABE1F6F12698EE4
test/aaaaaaaa
7D7ED42E865A4A31

With this data some more research could be done.
The other method would be the disassembling of the cryptocode in the
Oracle program (which I'm not really eager to do).

Neither am I, which is why I'm posting this so someone else can do the work
:) In January I might have time to take a look into it if anyone still has
an interest in it.

Mike

Michael Owen
Costco Wholesale