Penetration Testing mailing list archives

[PEN-TEST] Reporting information -seeking input

From: Thomas Reinke <reinke () E-SOFTINC COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 17:26:45 -0500

Hi all,

We're looking for some feedback to our pentest reports that we generate
from our on-line nessus based vulnerability testing service. We've
recently seriously overhauled it, given that it was rather plain
looking. While we think the rework we did was a reasonable start,
we're now looking for some  feedback from actual users in the field
that can say "this is what I  typically need and your reports don't
provide this...".

I'd suggest please reply off-line, unless you think the rest of the
group would get an advantage of some of the things you (and your
clients) look for in a pen-test report.

URL of samples we currently have are
  http://www.securityspace.com/smysecure/sample_std.html
  http://www.securityspace.com/smysecure/sample_sadv.html

Thanks, Thomas

Thomas Reinke                            Tel: (905) 331-2260
Director of Technology                   Fax: (905) 331-2504
E-Soft Inc.                         http://www.e-softinc.com
Publishers of SecuritySpace     http://www.securityspace.com