Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] VVIGILANTe Security Scanner

From: Christopher Reining <creining () MAIL MILLIKIN EDU>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 14:44:16 -0600

I was at the Computer Security Institutes Conference and Exhibiton in Chicago about 3 weeks ago where I happened to
stop by Vigilante's booth where they were doing a live hack of an NT server (surprise surprise). While chatting with
them they informed me that they keep current on all advisories/exploits and code their own scripts which they
incorporate into their scanning product. Also, they said that one of the next things in the works was the incorporation
of Nessus into their package of:
  a.. Fyodor nmap v2.53
  b.. ISS Internet Scanner NT v6.1
  c.. Linux traceroute v1.4a5
  d.. NAI CyberCop NT v5.5
  e.. SC Robert 3.0.1
  f.. Slayer icmp v2.1
  g.. VIGILANTe Exploit Arsenal v1.11
  h.. VIGILANTe PortScanner v1.29
  i.. VIGILANTe protocolid v1.26
I think that they have a good product on their hands tying together these tools to do vulnerability assessment.

-Chris
(btw I am looking for a security job upon graduation)