Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Browser Automation

From: Drew Simonis <dsimonis () FIDERUS COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 10:29:16 -0500

Mark Curphey wrote:

1. Is to follow a web site transaction automagically from sign in to sign
out, by specifying a number of interactions like usernames and passwords and
form filed inputs etc.

Are there any other tools that can do this ?

Were I you, I would buckle down and brush up on my Perl.  The LWP
module by Gisle Aas is awesome for pretending to be a web User Agent.
There are a million uses, both for Pen testing and other things in
life.

http://www.linpro.no/lwp/

2. Second I want to watch a set of cookies; i.e. all the cookies that are
produced from the same bakers oven.

Are there any other tools that can do this ?

Here's a really simple web sniffer:

http://stein.cshl.org/~lstein/talks/WWW6/sniffer/