Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] HTTP Secure Session State Management

From: "St. Clair, James" <JStClair () VREDENBURG COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 13:13:56 -0500

Probably being one of the slower guys here, let me see if I can summarize:

- Use an SSL required URL where http:// cannot be substituted.
- Set up a client/server where the server provides a MD5 hash-encrypted
session ID, that facilitates session regardless of the proxy/NAT.

This discussion is timely - I'm working on an SSL site now, where the
primary users are on load balancers that mandate proxies to maintain SSL
session states because the IP address switch ups.

Jim