Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Lotus Domino web

From: Ari Weisz-Koves <aweisz () atwww com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:38:14 +1100

Try to figure out if Domino is running as an ISAPI extension under IIS which
is pretty commonplace with Domino R5. If so, the IUSR_hostname account has
read/write privelages to the Domino data and application directories, which
would allow you to replace names.nsf with your own - containing your own
certificates. Plus, they may have Domino Webadmin running
(http://server/webadmin.nsf) - and that doesn't allow lockouts on brute
force attacks. Try accessing the names.nsf via a browser and see about brute
forcing an admin account so you can get at the certificates contained
inside, then spoof as a server from a Notes client if you can - local domain
servers will probably have full rights to everything.

Ari.