Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] "Type of webserver"-scanner

From: c0ncept <c0ncept () 403-SECURITY ORG>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:22:17 -0800

        I haven't used YAPS for over a year, but when I tried it out, it crashed an
NT 4.0 Domain Controller ( SP 5), and NT Exchange Server ( Exchange 5.5,
don't recall SP leve) and an NT 4.0 IIS server runnin IIS 4 (SP 5). That was
quite some time ago, but I recommend running it against a non-productino box
first.

--c0ncept

<snip>

YAPS is a small shareware port scanner. Not overly
sophisticated but produced fairly readable reports with http
server amongst other info retrieved.

</snip>