Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Dead Thread

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 17:07:59 -0800

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Alfred Huger wrote:

The 'What is SecurityFocus missing' thread is dead. To make a long story
short in terms of exploits we really do not go out of way to collect them.
As places like Packetstorm et. al. do a fine job of it. We tend to focus
more on other things.

Perhaps Al will let me slip in a closing comment.

I spoke with him, and found out that we don't actively run down exploits
that aren't posted to our lists directly, like we do with other things.
So, that question wasn't appropriate.  My fault, sorry.  I should have
also asked at the beginning that folks reply to me privately.  I'm more
than happy to take feedback on our site from anyone, anytime.  Some of the
stuff is no surprise, and is at the top of our list of things to work on.
(For example, I own the site speed issue.  Flames go to me for that.)
Some stuff does surprise me though, like people not liking our serach
engine, which I thought was pretty good.

So basically, if folks would still like to send their complaints my way
(off-list), please do.  I'm especially interested in feedback on the
search stuff.

                                        Ryan