Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] OT: Lotus Notes name service (was: penetratingtrojan)

From: Andrew Hargreave <ahargreave () BIGFOOT COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 22:55:05 -0000

Actually, it's not just the connection document that's
needed for replication.  The servers and/or
workstations need to have a common certificate
installed before replication will occur.   IOW, before
replication/access is provided by the server, the
admin's have to have exchanged "safe ID" files
before setting up the connection document.

Michael Rowe wrote:
I just meant that it typically does replication with
servers it has a
connection document, which contains an IP
address (In my limited
experience). I may have seen atypical servers, but
most didn't fall back
to the DNS, or didn't need to as the connection
information was
complete.

Thanks for the clarification.

If I'd understood Notes completely I'd never have
replicated when my
laptop date was mistakenly ten years behind the
server date 8-)