Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Deploying a Win32 Sniffer

From: Ryan Permeh <ryan () EEYE COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:58:10 -0800

the new winpcap drivers are dynaload. and so are the pcausa ndis drivers.
You probably still need to do a reboot on nt 4, but on win2k, you shouldn't
have to.  We make Iris that is released, and captures packets using a
dynaload driver, but is  graphical in nature.  It could, however, generate
trace files that could be grabbed and processed off the target host.
Signed,
Ryan
eEye Digital Security Team
http://www.eEye.com