Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Sample penetration report

From: "Teicher, Mark" <mark.teicher () NETWORKICE COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:02:00 -0700

The problem with the suggested recommendation is that there is no value add
at producing just a Low, Medium, High Risk report, because in some cases
saavy customers may just think one is just re-packaging an ISS, CyberCop or
ESM report. It is more than just Problem, Effect, Recommendations.  The
outline takes into account the business model and then one bases their
report after it.  In some cases, not all sections will be incorporated into
the report, and it also depends on what the customer really wants to have
at the top of the report.

Each section of the outline can be broken out by the following :

Executive (High level - BIG BULLETS, THE FOLLOWING IS BROKEN, AND ONE MUST
SPEND X TO FIX BEFORE WALL STREET FINDS OUT)
IT - (Medium Level - OK, we know about, and this how we will prioritize
based on critical systems)
Techie (Low Level, How do I fix all this stuff)

Is this more what you are looking for??

/mark