Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Port 139 Open on AS400 a Security Issue?

From: TOM SUTHERLAND <tsuther () SILVER-LAKE COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:01:00 -0400

My guess is it's the AS/400's native PC file sharing mechanism,
Netserver.  This is relatively new to the AS/400, and it wouldn't
suprise me if there were a few holes....

You might try ending the Netserver subsystem (if you don't use
Netserver) then use netstat to see if it's still listening.

That doesn't answer your question, does it. :0  Is there a reason you
need it open?

Tom Sutherland
tsuther () silver-lake com