Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Penetration Testing Ducumentation

From: Paul Rice <paulrice () XSITE NET>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:55:12 -0500

At 04:30 PM 08/23/2000 +0200, you wrote:
Hi!

Is there any good readying about penetration testing ?, ive read all the
information
ive found, ive bought some books to like hacking exposed, Maximum Linux
security and Maximum security. Is there any pther relevant books out
there that ive missed ??

Having just received this book yesterday I have not had a chance to read it
yet, but it comes highly recommended:  "Hack Proofing your Network"  (isbn
1-928994-15-6) It was written by a group of people that reads like a who's
who of security.  The book is aimed at teaching security folks the "theory
of hacking, how to fend off local and remote attacks, and how to report and
evaluate security problems." (From the back cover).

If anyone else has had a chance to read it, I would appreciate hearing any
thoughts on this or other books.

Hope this helps,

Paul Rice